Conditions of hire…
1. A deposit of £100, together with your name, address, and mobile number is required to book the Cottage. Telephone, email and online reservations are accepted subject to receipt of the deposit and details within the following 7 days.
2. Following receipt of your deposit, you will be sent a receipt and confirmation of your reservation.
3. The balance of the rental is to be paid 6 weeks before the start of the holiday otherwise the booking may be deemed as cancelled.
4. In the event of cancellation more than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday your deposit will not be refunded unless the property is re-let for the same period. Should cancellation take place less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday, the rental is payable in full. It is therefore recommended that you consider taking out suitable holiday insurance.
5. We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout the cottage. Please adhere to this.
6. The Cottage will be available from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival. Please vacate the premises before 10.00 am on the day of departure. *See Covid-19 revised access details below.
7. Access to the property, either by myself, or a representative, shall be allowed at any reasonable time during holiday occupancy.
8. We are unable to accept liability to any holiday guest for any personal injury or sickness, loss or damage to property, including vehicles, however sustained, nor for the loss or theft of belongings and / or money during their stay.
9. Should, for reasons beyond our control, the Cottage be rendered unsuitable for letting on the dates booked, all money paid will be returned in full. There would be no further claim against us.
10. Please note that the person booking the Cottage will be liable for the cost of any breakages or damage to the property.
11. You are asked to leave the Cottage in a clean and tidy condition
12. If you have a complaint please contact me immediately so it can be investigated straight away and before the holiday ends.
13. The occupancy shall not exceed 2.
14. I reserve the right to terminate hire without notice or refund for a breach of the conditions of hire.
15. No pets are allowed in the Cottage.
Temporary Covid-19 terms
1. The Cottage access times on change-over day to allow for the necessary new cleaning procedures will be, vacate the property by 9:00AM, and access from 4:00PM.
2. On leaving the Cottage, you are required to empty and bag all the waste bins and place in the wheelie bins outside the Cottage. Spare bags are under the kitchen sink.
3. Also on leaving the Cottage, we now require you to strip the bed linen including the mattress and pillow protectors, and place them, along with all towels, tea towels, the bath mat and oven gloves into the bag(s) provided. The bags can be found in the wardrobe.
If you have previously been to Hideaway Cottage, you will notice that some kitchen cutlery and utensils etc, and the soft furnishings have been temporarily removed, along with the Guest Information and Visitors comments notebook. If you require any local information, we suggest you either pop into the Keswick Tourist Office at Moot hall or check: www.keswick.org For comments, feedback, or any appliance queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us by telephone or email.